Monday, May 10, 2010

Monster Post



Well it's been quite a couple of weeks. Some good, some bad. Grant is doing great. I can't believe he's 4 months old already...seems like a pretty big milestone. 1/3 of a year! We got the go-ahead from our pediatrician to start rice cereal when we are ready. I think this weekend will be it. I'm pretty excited. Hopefully he will be too...

On May 2nd, we had Grant's baptism. He was a champ throughout the whole thing, not even crying when Father Alex got water in his eyes. After the baptism we had a dinner at Amanda's which was really lovely. I love that place. Here are some photos of the day.

Unfortunately we also found out after the baptism that after a long illness with ALS, my father passed away.





Mother's day was great yesterday. We had a really nice brunch with both Grandma's at the Brass Rail. The food was great, even though our server repeatedly forgot Eamonn...
Grandma Haley took some pictures so I will add them to the blog. I hope we got some good ones. In addition to it being Mother's day yesterday it was Grant's official 4 month birthday, so we had a nice little photo shoot. He's starting to lean forward and push up when he's sitting back now, which is pretty exciting. I'm sure it's just a start to being able to sit on his own. He sits in our laps very well. He's also starting to reach for things (and of course put them in his mouth) and enjoy his toys. He especially likes this one in the pictures, it lights up and plays Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.







4 comments:

  1. Laura, that' 2nd picture is a great one of you. Also, I'm gonna be sad when Grant outgrows his Don Draper chair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,

    I'm so so sorry to hear about your Dad. We're thinking about you all!

    Grant keeps getting cuter! He's so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the baptism! I love your dress - you look so beautiful - such a proud mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gratifying . . . I have been Grant starved!!! I am probably going to have to say this every time I comment, but, I can't believe how much he is changing--getting so big and so cute : )

    Counting down the days!

    ReplyDelete