Monday, June 21, 2010

Sweet potato success

Today was a big day for the Grant man. Sweet potatoes! He seemed very nonchalant about the whole ordeal. Like, "so what mom, these are tasty, but I expect nothing less". I got a few shots of him enjoying them. I took a quick taste as well, pretty good for something that has no seasoning.



We also had a great weekend visiting with my Uncle Mike on Saturday and celebrating Father's day on Sunday with Grandma and Judge. I also have a picture of some of Grant's buds from playgroup. It was a really nice week.




3 comments:

  1. I'm glad the sweet potatoes were a success. Do you just boil whole sweet potatoes and mash them? Also, love the "G" bib! Grant fits right in with his play group buddys. Everyone enjoyed Father's Day at our house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mom! I peeled and chopped the sweet potatoes and steamed in a little bit of water until very tender. Then I pureed with the extra water in the blender. I wanted to make sure it was very smooth. Grant is definitely not ready for chunks. He ate about an ounce and I froze the rest so it will be ready for another day. I'm pretty pumped about this whole baby food process. Can't wait to try something else (we're still discussing the options, though butternut squash seems to be a big contender).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of the three of you--you look great and Grant is so cute : ) Beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete